Translate

Sunday, February 15, 2015

If You Can't Stand the Heat...

You remember last semester, when the living was easy and we barely had any work and we used to go out partying ever weekend? Well, I can barely remember it, because the heat in the kitchen that is the Counseling and Mental Health Services program just got turned up.

It might be that this semester we're having to complete weekly assignments, that we have comprehensive exams coming up next week, or that I finally have a practicum site where I have to go 12 hours per week. Whatever it is, this semester is no joke.

I feel a little conflicted about this: on the one hand, it's been really difficult to catch my breath. I've been doing readings the night before and getting papers written the morning of the due date, whereas last semester I was at the top of my game. On the other hand, I love having a practicum site and having a lot to do keeps me on my toes. I miss having nothing to do but read, but I know real head student life isn't really like that. So I'm glad to be getting used to working hard all week.

Next week is our comprehensive exam, the test through which we will demonstrate our counseling knowledge proficiency. Having so much to do this semester has made it so hard to study! I hope anyone reading this can take this as a lesson: start atudying for comps ASAP! Time starts really running out once the spring semester starts. But don't worry; I'll start studying today. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment