Translate

Saturday, May 2, 2015

The End of the Road

I can hardly believe it, but this year is finally over. Well, not technically. In our program, we have classes all throughout the summer, and I'm staying here for another year. But so much is coming to a close. I had my very last day working as a graduate assistant for admissions, and I saw so many of my classmates take their final classes and put in their final papers and take their final exams.

I think one of the hardest things about this program is that we have to watch our friends and colleagues leave after our first year. Most of the programs at GSE are only one year in length, so a lot of the friends we make are gone after that year. But one positive thing about that is that we get to spend one more year here, meeting amazing people and starting friendships. We also get the opportunity to be here for the new students coming into our program. We get to usher them into the school and show them the things we wish we had known.

So as we reach the end of the road this semester, I guess all I can say is that I am so grateful for everything I have experienced this year. I am grateful to have been an admissions graduate assistant, where I got the opportunity to work with my amazing, funny, charming, and professional fellow graduate assistants, and to meet prospective students and let them know everything I love about GSE. I am grateful for my friends from other programs, who have taught me about things I never would have known otherwise. I am thankful for my professors, who have guided me to begin my journey to becoming the best clinician I can be. I am thankful for my cohort, a group of men and women who have become my friends, have shown me how to grow and thrive, have picked me up whenever I have fallen, and will someday become colleagues who will assist me in my practice.

I am so thankful for all of these things, and I can't wait to do it all over again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment