Translate

Friday, October 17, 2014

Halfway There??

So this is just a quick check-in... Yesterday Dr. Thomas, our ethics professor, pointed out to us something that clearly no one in our program had realized: we're already halfway through the semester. She was all excited. She said, "GUYS YOU'RE HALFWAY THROUGH YOUR FIRST SEMESTER! AREN'T YOU EXCITED??!" And maybe it's because it was 9am on a Thursday, or maybe it's because no one really counts the weeks (apparently it's week 8 of 16), but our response was a chorus of "oh yeah?" and "huh, I didn't realize..." and "cool". No one was nearly as excited as she was...

Dr. Thomas was adamant that we should be happy that the first half of the semester is over, but I must say, the end of the semester is going to be SOOO much worse than the beginning was. She mentioned how difficult it must have been to go through the transition phase, but I've gotta say, it was the easiest thing in the world, like a fish slipping back into water. We made fast friends, and I feel like I've been in this program my whole life and known these people since childhood.

So in comparison to the beginning of this semester, these next few weeks are about to be terrible...well maybe that's an overstatement. We have three papers due next week (short papers, but I like to exaggerate) and one due the week after that. Yeah, the second half of the semester is when it all goes down...

But like I said, I like to exaggerate. I think most people in this program would agree that the second half of this first semester is only going to be relatively difficult. I think the real difficulty is going to come in the next few semesters or years, but only time will tell...                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment