Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

Oh God...It's Cold

So as you already know, I was born in New York. And as you don't already know, I was actually born in early February, so yes, I do know what winter feels like, or at least I used to, because when I was 10 years old, I moved to Trinidad and Tobago, and to the warm, carefree life of the Tropics.

Of course, I did come back to the States for college, but even then I spent my four years in Virginia, where we did see snow, but usually the temperature stayed around 50 degrees and never got much colder. Basically, it was quite a bit colder than any weather I ever felt in the Caribbean, but it wasn't the type of cold you feel up in the Northeast region.

This brings me to the question: how am I going to survive this weather??

Today was the first really cold day of the season, and I have become painfully aware that I'm really not ready for this cold. I look through my closet and think, "There is nothing in here that is going to protect me from the Philadelphia cold." I need a new fall coat, and maybe a new go-to hoodie, because my favorite one is riddled with holes through which heat has been escaping,

All this can only mean two things:
1. I am going to die if I don't buy myself some new coats/jackets.
2. SHOPPING SPREE

This is definitely the perfect opportunity to go out and spend some money on clothing! Hopefully I'll find something that will protect me from the cold weather. But until then, this is definitely me...





Now I'm off to fight for survival in the cold. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment